Sunday, October 28, 2012

Lasanga Love

Lasagna is my favorite meal. It's effect on me is so far reaching that we served it at our wedding!
I have learned a bit since then however, and tonight made a healthier more nutrient dense version of my favorite meal. 

I replaced the pasta with thinly sliced and seasoned sweet potato, zucchini and pumpkin which added fiber. For my protein I replaced the minced beef with brown lentils and quinoa and mixed that in with crushed tomato, tomato paste, basil, parsley and agave syrup.

To make simply layer the sweet potato on the bottom and cover it with the quinoa mix. Add the next layer of zucchini.


 Cover zucchini with the remaining quinoa and lentil mix and then top with pumpkin. 



Once it has heated through in the oven ( about 20 minutes) you can eat! I served mine with macadamia pesto and a green salad.


Yum, yum yum!!

No comments:

Post a Comment